Jackson County Detention Center
Now Recruiting Corrections Officers
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office Detention Center is Seeking Qualified Individuals:
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- STARTING SALARY: $18.35/HR
- 3 TO 4 DAYS OFF EACH WEEK
- OVERTIME OPPORTUNITIES
- ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- HEALTHCARE/DENTAL INSURANCE
- JACKSON COUNTY PENSION PLAN
- PAID HOLIDAYS
- PAID VACATION
- SICK PAY
- Provide Security for inmates housed at the Jackson county detention center while following written procedures and guidelines in the department’s policy and procedure manual.
- Supervises movement of offenders inside and outside the correctional facility, conducts periodic counts of offenders, and searches offenders and their living quarters for contraband.
- Escorts and/or transports offenders to predetermined locations.
- Supervises offenders in housing units and during the performance of work activities and recreational and religious activities; conducts inspections for health and safety hazards.
- Prepares and submits reports on offender violations of law or correctional facility rules, unusual offender behaviors, observed mechanical deficiencies, and security breaches or failures.
- Discusses minor adjustment problems with offenders; refers serious problems to proper correctional facility staff and promotes rehabilitation by attempting to modify offender’s social attitudes, discouraging undesirable behaviors, and encouraging worthwhile activities.
- Supervises visits with offenders; searches offenders, housing areas, building, and grounds for contraband.
- Performs work in accordance with established rules, regulations, post orders, and specific instructions; receives general administrative direction.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
QR code for hiring info or apply online at: jacksongov.org/jobs
For information related to employment on the construction project, click here.